Below is a brief overview of Hawaii’s medical cannabis dispensaries and the options available to Hawaii residents holding a valid 329 card with current photo identification such as a state-issued driver’s license. Out-of-state medical card reciprocity is not yet available.
Note that the dispensaries are slowly opening and evolving quickly so some of what you read here may already be outdated. Check with each dispensary and their website for the latest information.
Honolulu, Island of Oahu (listed alphabetically)
Aloha Green Apothecary
Located in the heart of Honolulu on King Street – street level of the First Interstate Building, Aloha Green was the first dispensary on Oahu to open. It offers quick service for those on-the-go with metered parking on the street in front and validated parking in the building’s structure. Look for the large Easy Music Center and Cafe Sistina Restaurant also located in this building.
- 1314 South King Street, Honolulu, Hawaii 96814
- Telephone: 808-369-2888
- Website: alohagreen.org
- Open Mondays through Saturdays 10:30 AM to 7:00 PM Sundays 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM Closed on Federal and State holidays.
Located close to Diamond Head and the Waikiki area on Kapahulu Avenue, Cure is in a stand-alone building on the corner. It offers free parking in the rear lot with a discreet entrance and exit. This dispensary is decidedly tech-oriented in its registration, product review and ordering processes.
- 727 Kapahulu Avenue, Honolulu, Hawaii 96816
- Telephone: 808-208-8770
- Website: cureoahu.com
- Open Mondays through Saturdays 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM Closed on Federal and State holidays.
Located in the heart of Honolulu on relatively quiet Young Street, Noa offers a wide range of product types including flower, resins and oils. There is free parking in their lot directly in front of the dispensary with limited street parking nearby as well.
- 1308 Young Street, Honolulu, Hawaii 96814
- Telephone: 808-800-2126
- Website: noacares.com
- Open Mondays through Sundays 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM. Appointments Only – Wednesdays 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM. Closed on federal and state holidays.
Kahului, Island of Maui (listed alphabetically)
Maui Grown Therapies
Located in Maui Lani Village Center- a quiet suburban business center, Maui Grown was the first dispensary to open in Hawaii. It offers a wide range of product types including, flower, resins and oils as well products designed for baking. Free parking is located in their lot in front of the dispensary and there is usually ample street parking nearby as well.
- 44 Pa’a Street, Kahului, Hawaii 96732
- Telephone: 808-866-7576
- Website: mauigrowntherapies.com
- Open Mondays through Fridays 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM Saturdays and Sundays 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM Closed on holidays.
Pono Life Maui
Pono Life is conveniently located in the central business district on busy Dairy Road, the main artery coming out of Kahului Airport. It offers free parking surrounding the shopping complex shared with other stores. With an entrance facing the main road, it is inside the brightly colored Hawaiian Island Surf and Sport building.
- 415 Dairy Road, Suite A, Kahului, Hawaii 96732
- Telephone: 808-489-9454
- Website: ponolifemaui.com
- Open Mondays through Thursdays 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM Fridays 9:00 AM to 6:30 PM Saturdays 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
As of the date of this article being written, dispensaries have not yet opened on Kauai or Hawaii Island. There are no dispensaries planned for the islands of Lanai and Molokai at this time.
– The MMA Hawaii Team